Monday, October 12, 2015

Writing about writing again

I’m feeling a little stagnant right now. I graduated from college in 2014, and I can’t seem to get motivated to do anything creative. I wrote so many stories when I was in the creative writing program at Lindenwood University, and created a successful thesis. I must have done a pretty good job with that creativity business because I got a 4.0, but now I feel like the creative juices have completely dried up. It is pretty painful for someone how used to love writing more than anything else. On a positive note I have started reading again (as I mentioned in a previous post), which has got me thinking creatively again. I have come up with a few ideas recently, which I have added to my notes. I just can’t seem to sit down and write anything productively. Right now I’m feeling really old and useless. I don’t even have a full time job. This would be the perfect time to write (before I start working 40 hours a week). I just get a little depressive about feeling a bit like a loser, so I end up laying around vegging out. I really just want to get motivated and write. If I could write a successful piece, that would be even better.

Anyone out there feel like this ever? How do you motivate yourself? How do you get out of a funk?

I’m hoping that this blog helps at least get me started with writing, even though this isn’t really what I mean by creative. We will see how long I can keep this up and how long it takes me to start writing again. Here’s hoping it doesn’t take forever.    

No comments:

Post a Comment